Friday, February 17, 2006

Or So I Thought

I woke up at 4:00 AM for the flight that never happened. We got to the airport at 6:00 AM and at the ticket counter I was informed that I was not guaranteed a seat and that the flight was oversold. Great.

I walked down to the gate and tried futilely to finangle a seat on the flight. So, the guys boarded and I'm left negotiating with America West personnel. Finally, they agree to get me on tomorrow morning's flight (a first-class ticket, no less) and give me a free round-trip anywhere in the lower 48 states.

I'm bummed about missing tonight's concert, but I'll catch up with the guys tomorrow.

By the way, the girl working for America West at B-18 needs to take a few lessons in customer service. She was all attitude and no eye contact. Fortunately, they brought over John, who did a great job working with the customers. The girl literally refused to help find me a seat. John was trying to get information from her, and she told him, there's nothing we can do. Just forget it. I'm filing a complaint. I've never done it before, but her service was unacceptable and a disgrace to the company. I'm feeling better already.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Sunday at church, there was a story about a man who was supposed to board a flight, but suddenly he was paged. He couldn't decide whether to take the call, not knowing who it was, or board his flight. If he took the call, he would certainly miss his flight, but without knowing who was on the line, he was in quite a quandry.

He decided to board the flight. as he walked down the final hall, seeing the jet at the end, he suddenly heard his name being called again over the PA system. Finally, he ducked out of line and went to answer the phone.

As he was talking on the phone, his flight took off, just above the runway, he watched in horror as the jet exploded into bits.

Now, I'm not saying that your friends are going to blow up, but you just never know why you weren't supposed to go on that flight. Maybe adding you on the plane would have made someone else NOT be able to go...making them miss an important family moment. You just never know how it all works together.

You know what bothers me about that story? They never said who was on the phone!

Are you going to be offering your faithful readers a discount on your 1st cd? :)

Jon Plank said...

Hey, that's right. You need to treat your readers. How about MP3's of your first concert tomorrow night. I suspect you would get rave reviews, especially from me.

I don't guess the jet exploded to bits but maybe one of the songs tonight was going to. You never know. I mean, we had a few songs expload back in the day.

Keith said...

Ok, if there's interest I will give my loyal readers a discount. I promise.