Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Love My Family

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! Hopefully, you have spent some quality time with (not to mention money on) your true love. Our family just returned from a fun evening out at Applebees (motto: "1 of 3 decent restaurants in Nampa"). Lori and I were laughing this afternoon about the fact that our celebration of holidays has changed dramatically with the addition of children. I was talking to a friend earlier in the day who mentioned that he had made reservations at the Mona Lisa (the #1 date destination in Nampa, owned by our good friends Dustin and Angie) for he and his wife this evening. He was looking forward to a nice evening with just the two of them, celebrating their love. It goes without saying that they don't have children. Dr. Keaton told me that he was going to try to get on the reservation list at the Mona Lisa this evening. The best romantic option available to Lori and I not including a babysitter is Applebees. Nothing says I love you like their honey-barbeque riblets.

You know what? I wouldn't change a thing. We spent a lot of time laughing together, playing Pictionary on the children's menu, and teasing Trey about giving his Oreo dessert to a hungry Zambian named Sammy. It was fun! We all gave each other Valentine cards, handed out a few little presents to each other, and made it a great day.

I hope that whatever you did to celebrate the day with your family gives you the same fulfillment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys! I can totally relate to the change in traditions at Valentines Day. With Dylan and Jillian now our Valentines Day is a happy family event. Although we had a fun time exchanging cards and little presents Dylan had his moment of sensitivity. I guess that he thought he was getting a train for Valentines Day. So when he opened up his new Reader Rabbit computer game he started to cry. I asked "Don't you like your present?" He replied "Yes, but its not a train", and burst into tears again. Great memories!

Carrie said...

Ha, Ha! How I can relate! Robert brought home Arby's for Valentine's Day. A couple hours later, Brennan promptly threw it up all over his bed. This morning, I'm still picking pieces of half-digested roast beef out of the washer. Happy Valentine's Day!!