The last few weeks have been a time of introspection, evaluation of priorities, and further development and expansion of my life philosophy and worldview. Simply put, it has forced me out of my comfort zone. I'm still not sure where everything will end up when the dust settles, but there are a few items that have been crystallized (nothing earthshattering to you, perhaps, but) :
- God is good (His essence is not dependent upon my understanding).
- The Bible is true and as practical today as it ever was.
- My family is my #1 priority.
- I'm very much in love with my wife.
- I'm a nice guy (sometimes too nice).
- My friendships are important to me and must be cultivated.
- Clothes and externals aren't reliable proofs of godliness or holiness.
- God is moving in different places all over this country. Many times He's working in places that I least expect to find him.
- Keeping silent in the face of sin, injustice, hypocrisy, or disagreement is wrong, even if it means being diametrically opposed to people you love and look up to.
- Prayer is powerful.
- I hate Purdue (OK, not really, but I just decided to throw it in there for all my Boilermaker friends).
I know that there are many other lessons that God has in store for me, but that's what I'm learning right now. I am more convinced now than I ever was that living for Christ is the only option for me. I am thoroughly enjoying the journey.