Saturday, February 18, 2006

Just Like Willie (Nelson, that is)


OK, I'm officially on the road again. I flew in Phoenix this morning (back-to-back 4:00 AM mornings are no fun, let me tell you) and was met by the guys. If you have never seen a 13'2" bus creep along a road with 12' clearance, you've missed it. It took about as long to get out of the airport as it did to fly in.

We made it to Claim Jumper for lunch. Oh man, as soon as they brought out the barbeque baby back ribs, the confirmation of my call came. I know I'm supposed to be here. I had never even heard of the restaurant, but I have to add it to my list of favorites (www.claimjumper.com). Good stuff!

We're heading for Fountain City, AZ tonight. I'm going to sing a few songs with the group. They're also going to have me sing a song with the rest of them that I don't know very well. They said, don't worry we'll turn your mic off. Nobody will know the difference. Sounds like a Bible college quartet I used to sing with. So, here we do: karaoke time with Keith. Whoo-hoo!

Well, I'll touch base later. Hopefully with some pics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you're not just like Willie Nelson. Here's two reasons: 1.) it would be creepy! 2.) i read in the newspaper he just wrote a gay cowboy song! NASTY! I think willie has proably smoked too many illegal drugs!

Keith said...

Willie Nelson writing gay cowboy songs is extremely creepy.

Anonymous said...

i don't think creepy is the right word, more like deeply disturbing!!! Eh, just thinking about him writing a gay cowboy song makes me want to ralph!