Thursday, October 11, 2007

An Unnecessary Attack

I have tried to keep keithinside a positive place. A cyber destination that will make you smile with appreciation or chuckle at my gentle humor. Folks from around the world have come to know this blog as an idyllic refuge from the harshness of today's society. This Eden exists no longer. Doran Ritchey has thrown the first salvo at this bastion of grace, love, and overall sensitivity. So, I have no other option but to go on the offensive. I will admit that I have occasionally stung Doran with a post such as this or this but have never intentionally tried to denigrate him in anyway. In fact, those are the only "bad" photos I've posted of Doran in the last year (don't believe me, check out the older posts). However, he has made this personal, very personal. In fact, he has begun blogging just so he can try to make me look bad, going so far as to solicit pictures from my past. Doran, all you have to do is look at my blog. I'll provide you with plenty of pics (I mean, who could forget the foot?).

But, if he wants to play this game, bring it on. So, here we go:

Liberty's own urban pianist poses in more natural surroundings. Raised on the streets of Amish country and the Virginia backwoods, Doran finds solace in the quietude of the concrete jungle.

Doran pulled off his cover of Michael Jackson's "moonwalk" this past week to the great enjoyment of Dan.
The "funky chicken" has become one of Doran's signature moves. KFC is seriously considering sponsoring our next tour.

OK, enough's enough. All that sarcasm just feels wrong. I can't live like Doran lives. That sarcasm...it does nothing but to lend itself to bitterness. Now, see, if this was Royce; yeah, I could understand that. He has just naturally posed for pictures that lend themselves to a funny caption. But, Doran? My son, my son...I never knew thee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just too funny! PLease don't change having humor as a big part of what Liberty does both in concert and in your blogs. BUT, Keith, if Doran does have a blog too, won't you please share it with us all who love you all so much? Shelby

Keith said...

Shelby, if you click on his name in the text of my post it will take you to his site. I hyperlinked it, so all you need to do is click. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Wonder what it would take to get Royce to start blogging....
Neva

Shanna Locker said...

Neva, in my humble opinion, for Royce to start a blog would be nothing short of a miracle from Heaven above! I'm not holding my breath...
And Keith, score one for your blog. As interesting as Doran's blog is to read you just seem to have that, "I'll win at all cost, and I'll win it early in the fight, attitude." I must admit it makes for some fun posts!
Shanna