Friday, October 12, 2007

Under the Big Top

Last week, Lori and I took Trey and Kassady to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus in Nampa. We met up with Marc, Talisha, Emme, and Addison. Highlights of the 1-ring circus (we're not big enough for the 3 or 5-ring variety) included the amazing dogs who pulled off some incredible tricks, the acrobats who did everythingfrom walking the tightrope to riding a bike on the tightrope to sitting in 2 chairs on the tightrope all the while holding another brave soul, and a Mr. Bean-type clown. Very funny. Trey really enjoyed the clown, especially the skit involving a "baby" who sang hip-hop and expressed its displeasure by wetting the crowd. I have to admit that I laughed, too. I have now figured out what Royce should do once he retires. I, of course, forgot to bring my camera, so many thanks to Marc and Talisha for their stunning photography.


Addison (the little head to the left), Kassady (the tyke in green), Emme (of striped shirt), and Trey (jean jacket) get jiggy wid' it with the dancers.

My kids really know how to pose. They always look so natural. I love 'em!

Trey and Emme, show off their bulbous clown schnozzes.

The elephant pulled off some impressive tricks. I never could get my dog to do this. I'm thinking that animal training isn't for me.

I'll leave you with this gem of a picture that Marc snapped. Timing really is everything.

No comments: