Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hand 2 i no more


There are those times in life when we are all hit with the realization that we aren't the best at doing a certain activity. I remember when I learned that I wasn't the best basketball player, when I found out I didn't have the best arm in baseball, when it sunk in that I didn't have the best voice. In spite of all of our shortcomings, we learn how to cope, to compensate. We find some measure of self-worth in being all that we can be in performing those certain activities.

Tonight, though, I am crushed. Crushed beyond what my fragile psyche can overcome. Since purchasing my XBox in 2002, I have claimed rights to the title Videogamer Supreme within the Waggoner fiefdom, especially when it comes to sports games. Tonight, I was blown away by my 5-year-old at Street Basketball, Vol. 2. Not just once, but three games in a row. I stepped up my intensity on the last two games, but couldn't overcome his out-of-this-world three-point shooting. It was like Larry Glass on speed (for all you Frankfort gamers from back in the day)! I knew there would come a time when he would be competitive. I just didn't know it would be so soon.
And...he talks smack! I just can't take it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

please finish telling us about your tour on the east coast with liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

I am dying laughing!! What an ego crusher!

My boys have this great system going. Brennan will get Jared to the end of the level and Jared fights the boss. For some reason, that's what their strengths are.

Oh, how I well remember the "heated discussions" between mom and dad because dad took his "smack talking" with Jer too far.

Anonymous said...

Oh man Larry on speed!!! That would be one wicked player.

Jerry Cooper

Bob said...

Tell Trey Uncle Bob is proud of him! Dylan took me down three times in a row playing need for speed. It was a bit humbling.
Take it easy.