Friday, May 09, 2008

The Latest from Kassady

We're in the midst of putting in our sprinkler system, yard, and fence at Waggoner estates (with help from our friends at TT), so it's been pretty busy around here. Tonight I finished raking out the backyard, preparing for Monday's sod-laying. Where are all my Amish friends when I need them? Doran, the closest I have to an Amish friend, will make sure that he is nowhere to be found on the big day. Anyway, Lori has also been putting in her flowerbeds. Last night both Trey and Kassady helped us out. Trey assisted Lori in clearing out the weeds, while Kassady served as the clean-up crew.

I finished mowing our currently installed yard and asked Kassady to sweep the grass off of the driveway. It was hilarious to watch. The broom is twice as tall as she is, but it doesn't intimidate her one bit. She briskly whisks it back and forth, all business-like, clearing some debris and creating a bit of her own.

After she was done, I asked her to put the broom away in the garage. As I followed her into the garage, I told her how much I appreciated her help. Without breaking stride and with nary a glance back at me, she threw a hand into the air and said "Praise the Lord Jesus Christ." I have no clue where that came from. While I didn't think it was the case, I wanted to make sure she wasn't being sac religious, so I said "We do need to thank Jesus for helping us get the job done. He's the one that gives us the strength and ability to do what we do." As serious as could be, one more time she said, "Praise Jesus" and walked out.

I about fell on the floor laughing. Dan is convinced that we have a little Assembly of God girl on our hands.

4 comments:

Jon Plank said...

Soooo funny! LOL As the old hymn of the church says, "I wish I could'a been there."

Anonymous said...

Advice from a mom-grandma, you just might want to record those special things that happen or said. Believe it or not our memory does fade. Copy that and show her when she is a teenager and you'll be blessed again. Shelby

Jamie said...

That is soo funny! Glad you shared it!

sarahmfry said...

I gues we shouldn't be suprised at her spunk, with parents like she's got. Tell Lori I have some hair-teasing tips if she needs them.

I just keep cracking up every time I picture her little hand sticking up.