Thursday, May 08, 2008

Songwriter's Showcase

Doran was asked to participate in Saturday's Songwriter's Showcase. He did a fantastic job! He told the story behind his composition "I'm His". It was powerful. We then sang the song. I had so many artists stop me after the showcase and tell me how much they appreciated the message and performance of the song. I'm proud of the guy. Doran and Connie Hopper spent most of the afternoon in transfixed wonder, drinking in the words of host Phil Cross.

The showcase concluded with the Hoppers and everybody else belting out Phil Cross's hit "Yes I Am". Dan and Mitchel Jon cranked it out louder than anyone. The mic is off and they're still drowning everybody out. Sheesh~!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray that Wynette can be a part of Phil's showcase during Familyfest. She writes when she has time which has been very limited as she is working on her PHD. If they just let anyone come to listen, I plan to come too. Shelby