Thursday, May 08, 2008

Saturday Nights at Fresno

Saturday evening was our last performance at Fresno. Our set list included:
  • When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder/Hallelujah! We Shall Rise
  • Battle Hymn of the Republic
  • I Thirst
  • Great Day
  • City Coming Down
What a fantastic response! They wouldn't let us quit singing! This was only the second time that we had sang "I Thirst". It's going to be on Royce's solo album (coming out next month). By the time we got to the last song, the crowd let us know how much they appreciated our ministry. Greater Vision joined us on the last 2 choruses of City Comin' Down, much to our delight. It was a wonderful way to cap an incredible weekend. Thanks to everybody who stopped by to say hello. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

I don't know how this picture got in here. This is actually me singing the solo on "I'm His" in the Songwriter's Showcase.

I don't know what we're doing, but we're pretty intent on doing it. Feet planted, chin jutting out, this is serious stuff, folks.

Greater Vision hitting the last chorus of "City Coming Down" with us. Royce was absolutely awesome on that song. He's gonna kill me for putting this in here, but I'm going to anyway. 2 or 3 of the big-name artists on the bill (I'll protect their identity since I just happened to overhear them) told Royce that he was one of the best in the business today. I agree totally. He's one of the best I've ever heard. I don't just say that because he signs my check...well, OK, maybe that's part of it. No, seriously, he's incredible and I'm privileged to travel with Royce and the other guys.

We had a great time and we're already looking forward to next year. Now, I'm off to bed. Night, all.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

My biased and unbiased opinions have collaborated and are unified in believing that Royce is indeed one of the best--if not THE best--bass singer out there in Southern Gospel. I also appreciate his humility. "I Thirst" was one of the monumental songs of the Saturday evening concerts, at least IMHO. Thanks for sharing that overheard, merited comment. Likewise, Royce is blessed to have the three committed, talented vocal co-ministers that he has. May God continue to bless the ministry.

Dorcas said...

It looks like you had a great time on your western trip!!

Tamra said...

Thanks for the run-down. I always enjoy reading your comments.

Anonymous said...

Thank you once again for the updates in pictures and comments. I know that we missed a wonderful time. Those that were there I'm sure were greatly blessed. Shelby