Monday, February 20, 2006

Finally, rolling down the road


Well, here we go. After my sumptous dining on Saturday afternoon, we made our way to Fountain City for an evening concert. I have to tell you, it's been a long time since I had this much fun. Royce broke me in immediately, ensuring that I was a part of the concert. However, I'm not sure I liked his intro.

He would start of by explaining that this was Paul's last weekend with the quartet. The audience was sigh loudly at that. Then he would say "However, God has been good, and we have found a new tenor." He then immediately asked, "How many of you have heard of the former tenor for Gaither Vocal Band, David Phelps?" At that, you could hear the audience start murmuring and exclaiming (I heard one lady say "Oh, my goodness. I can't believe it!"). He then quickly said, "Well, that's not who it is. I just wondered if you knew who David Phelps was." The audience would laugh as he introduced me as the new tenor. I'm not sure that I was being complimented. I don't know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi keith! i heard that while on tour, a lot of people gain weight! is it true? i know you were concernced with your weight so....I was just wondering!

Carrie said...

Oh yeah. What about that weekly weigh-in you were going to do?