Saturday, February 25, 2006

Catchin' Up

I have finally slept. This has been one of those incredibly full weeks that seem to fly by leaving you breathless and ill-prepared for the next. I didn't get home from the concert until late Wednesday evening. While I was still on somewhat of an adrenaline rush following the concert, my hyperactivity was tempered with the tragic news of Anthony Burger's heart attack. It kind of left me sick in the pit of my stomach. Anthony was 17 years old the first time I saw him in concert with The Kingsmen Quartet. It was in Kokomo, IN at a Nazarene Church. I was 4 and this was my first time at any type of concert. We went with Paul, Rose, and Tami Fry. I can faintly remember Anthony cranking it out at the keyboard. There's also a strong memory of an older lady who gave me a wintergreen Lifesaver. I don't know why that sticks with me, but it does. I hated to hear of Anthony's death. He was a rare talent.

Early Thursday morning I headed over to the hospital to be with a friend who was facing surgery. Fortunately, everything went as well as it could, but it left me extremely exhausted.

Last evening we had Allen, LaRona, Marc, and Talisha over to play games. Well, that's what we intended to do, anyway. But after eating pizza, hot wings, and all the other stuff that Lori prepared we collapsed in the living room and critiqued the latest Gaither Video: The Canadian Homecoming. By the way, it's a great video!

Last night, I crashed and slept in until 8:30 this morning, which is pretty good for me. This has been an easy day, nothing too major to do. I needed it.

I'm trying to figure out how to get video clips on my blog. Everytime I think I'm getting web-savvy I run into complications which keep me humble. Hopefully, I can get this figured out. I have some funny clips from our Tuesday rehearsal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos on the Gaither Canadian Homecoming. It is great!