Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Fam

I love having some time off, so I can hang out with my family. Trey, Kassady, and I played several hard-fought, highly competitive games of Candyland, Sorry, and Hi-Ho Cherrio the other day.

Just being transparent, the hardest part of my job is being away from my kids and wife. The other day one of my buddies was talking about traveling with Liberty and he said, "I just don't see how you and Doran can do what you do, having young kids, not being with your family on Sunday." I replied, "Not to sound pious or overly spiritual, but that's when you have to know that you're called to do what you do." And I am called. In fact, my family is called to this ministry. That's why they understand when I leave on the weekend (or for the week). We have explained from day one to the kids why I do what I do. And, the amazing thing is that they get it! It's something I thank the Lord for everyday.

I will say, though, if it ever comes down to my job or my family, I'll choose family every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith, I love your comments about your family and the ministry. I am so glad that God does call whole families to His work so many people can come to know Jesus. Shelby

sarahmfry said...

Okay. I'm literally crying. Do we ever understand. Whenever David graduates from something, I feel like we're all graduating together. But we miss him oooohhh so much!