Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Feel Like Traveling On

Hi from somewhere in South Dakota or Nebraska. A lot has happened since I last posted. I'm pretty pathetic in my efforts to be a consistent blogger. I would love to post more, but I just haven't had time to get around to it. Anyway, a lot has happened in the last couple of weeks, including:
  • Trey's first day of school (1st grade); he's not real impressed with the fact that he has to be at school all day.
  • The first Boise State football game of the season, which I was fortunate enough to attend, a 56-7 thumping of Weber State. By the way, it doesn't matter who you play, it's just a good feeling to know that football season is here.
  • The annual Labor Day golf scramble; I had the worst game of golf since my first feeble attempts; it was fun, though, with quite a bit of laughter at my hitched swing.
  • Labor Day picnic with all of my friends at Grace Bible Church; followed up by another picnic over at the Taylors; I ate waaaayy too much food.
  • Kassady's first soccer practice. Watching 3 and 4-year-olds play soccer is kind of like watching the Senate in action: you know what they're supposed to theoretically be doing, but the reality is they just end up stumbling all over themselves.
  • Trey's first soccer practice: he's making me proud. He's actually getting pretty good.
  • A big Colts win over the Chargers, which caused me to shout with joy loudly in our car (much to my family's chagrin).
  • The wedding of Matt and Mindy (Crane) Ritchey. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been a part of. I was the emcee for the reception and sang a song for the ceremony (I was pinch-hitting for Doran who lost his voice the night before the wedding; I'd never heard the song before, but Diane and I were able to pull it off; the name of the song was "When God Made You" and originally performed by Newsong and Natalie Grant).
  • Leaving for a 9-day tour with Liberty, including stops in Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Kentucky, and South Carolina. We're going to be spending 2 days at National Quartet Convention, a first for all of us.
  • ...and a lot of other stuff.

I'll be posting more from the road. We all brought our video cameras, so I'll try to have some video clips available too. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from Liberty. I forgot Trey and Kassady's soccer pics at home. I'll upload them later.

No comments: