Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hello Manhattan!

Nice set of pipes! No, I'm not referring to the vociferous sound Royce is producing with facial contortions; I'm talking about the pipe organ behind us. They began the concert by singing 3 congregational songs (I can't remember the first, but the last two were Victory in Jesus and Wonderful Grace of Jesus), all verses thank you very much. The organist could flat out play (the term "flat out" brings to mind colorful images)! She tore it up! It's rare that you hear an organist who knows how to bring the instrument to life, skillfully getting the most out of it. I enjoyed that almost as much as singing to the wonderful crowd.

Ok, so the skyline wasn't quite what I expected, but our concert in Manhattan, MT was a success. People came from all over the state to hear us at the Brethren Christian Reformed Church. I'm sure they were wondering what was going on with the camera on stage, but now they know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, wasn't she good on the pipe organ? You posted the wrong side of the congregation. I was on the other side. Love you anyway! Shelby

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Manhattan went well - I had no doubt it would be good. I would have loved to hear the organ. Praise God for the ones who have come to know Him! Thanks for the post from the road. Shanna