Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Singing is for wimps

Occasionally, we'll stop by retirement homes for a concert. This was the case in California. I enjoyed it immensely. Nobody laughed at Royce's jokes, since they couldn't hear them. We had one dear soul who sang along (loudly) on all of our hymns including our a cappella arrangement of Holy, Holy, Holy. She was about 4 steps off. Dan was trying to figure out who he should follow, Royce or her. She was louder, so he went with the stronger voice. Fortunately, I never lose control of my emotions during humorous moments (cough, cough). The song ended with my laughter-induced trembling voice holding on for dear life to a note that wasn't anywhere near to what the rest of the guys were singing. Of course, they were all in their own individual key as well. During the song I heard another resident complain loudly, "I WISH SHE WOULD SHUT UP!" Don't you love ministry? Royce and Dan looked into room rates after the concert.

I kind of look like a muppet in this picture.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That's what I love about a nursing home (other than the smell, that's just awesome!)--you never know what those people will say!

Anonymous said...

Which Muppet???