Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving


The Waggoner family enjoyed a fanastic Thanksgiving! While the rest of you were gorging yourselves on turkey and such, we feasted on honey-baked ham and beef tenderloin (excuse the drool marks on this post; I'm trying to wipe them off). Oh, was it ever delicious.

With Ray and Lenea McCrary moving back to Indiana, we were in a lurch when it came to Turkey Day. Normally, we would get together with the McCrarys and the Ritcheys. Everybody else around here has their families close by and so we orphans would get together and cry over our cranberry salad. Not that I ate the salad. I just cried over it.

However, our good friends Marc and Talisha invited Doran, Diane, Lori, and I (along with our munchkins) to be part of a Thanksgiving Day celebration. We had a great time! As you can see from the picture above the table was full of food. While Marc was taking the picture, we quieted our rumbling guts and pasted on our plastic smiles all the while smelling the wonderful aroma of holiday food (ah, there I go again...wiping off saliva). We were hoping that he would hurry up and take the picture because we were starved. All I had to eat before our 1:30 dinner were 6 Chili Cheese Frito chips. Yes, I counted them. I don't know why, I just did.

After an hour or so of fine dining and sophisticated conversation (insert smart-aleck comment here), we kicked off a spirited game of Apples to Apples, which I highly recommend to those of you who enjoy group games. We then followed that with a few competitive rounds of Pit. Truly, a great day.

That evening Marc, Doran, and I went over to the church gym for some basketball. I didn't embarrass myself, which these days is as good as it gets. Good stuff!

In all seriousness, it is a wonderful thing to have good friends. The older I get, the less I take them for granted. I'm a blessed man. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I love the Apples to Apples game. I just discovered that a few weeks ago. Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith, sounds like you all had a great time! That's awesome.

ttyl!