Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Children of the Snow

The day after Thanksgiving, we headed up to Donnelly to the Taylor cabin for some fun in the snow. Actually, if you must know, Marc and I made the trek so we could watch the Boise State vs. Nevada game (which by the way catapulted Boise State into it's first ever BCS bowl). Anyway, Talisha captured the 2 days with her camera (hence, the absence of any embarrassing pictures which would, of course, be posted).


Trey and Emme bravely embark on a tubing adventure with yours truly. They had the cush ride. My rear-end was dragging the whole time. I was quite frozen by the time we got back. They laughed gaily, hopped off, and headed off to the world of snow angels, while I groaned, pulled my aching hindermost portions off the tube and headed off to the world of Icy-Hot.


Kassady spent most of her time eating the "white stuff" and trying to feed it to Addison. Seriously, that's all she wanted to do.


Let's just say that Lori wasn't waving by the time she returned from this little trip. I was pulling her with the 4-wheeler. Many a marital crisis has started with a scene like this.


Kassady spent the entire ride trying to scoop up the snow and put it in her mouth while we're flying along.


Trey's snow ninja castle (no, I don't know, either).


By the end of the day, we had figured out that it was more fun to ride the tube this way. The only negative is that you eat snow the whole way...which Kassady liked.


Kassady and I made the trip eventful. Kassady enjoyed pushing the throttle, which didn't always make for a smooth ride.


We finished the day with Moxie Java (toasted marshmallow hot chocolate for me) and a GI Joe card game for Trey. All good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure wish i had a snow ninja castle.

Anonymous said...

What fun! We're supposed to get our first snow tomorrow.