Thursday, November 23, 2006

Story of Poultry's Cousin


Happy Thanksgiving!

I remember sitting in my Grandma's living room several years ago when the subject of Thanksgiving dinner came up. "Well, I guess I better start looking for the turkey for our Thanksgiving meal," Grandma said. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I piped up, "You know, I've never really liked turkey. It's way too dry for me."

"I've never liked it, either", said Dad's voice from the recliner.

"We've only had turkey because I thought you guys liked it", Grandma said. "I don't really care for it myself."

We had been eating turkey for years. That Thanksgiving we had ham.

True story. The end.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a very fascinating story. is that a picture of some random guy in a turkey hat? it really adds to the drama of the story.

Anonymous said...

We are having roast today. I like it better than turkey.

Martha C said...

That is too funny. We had ham this year because I am not fond of touching big, dead, cold, slippery birds! It is a lot less sickening to grab part of a smoked pig, stuff it in a bag and let the oven do the rest!

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story. Too bad no one said anything sooner!

Anonymous said...

are you all serious? there is a quote from Nacho Libre that comes to mind, "I'm not listening to you. You crazy!" i love turkey with a passion....of love.

Anonymous said...

Your story certainly made me laugh!

On another note, did you happen to receive my email after Youth Challenge? I tried emailing some new work to you but I'm not sure you received it... making sure I got the correct email address! =)