Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm listening...



I'm listening to a bunch of new music this week. Every once in a while I like to expand my musical borders. It's very easy for me to get stuck in the Southern Gospel rut (which isn't all bad), while ignoring the wealth of today's musical talent. A group whose music I'm enjoying is Irish Christian band Ceili Rain. They have an interesting sound that reminds me of what would happen if you fused the Corrs and Iona together. However, the music is much happier. Ear candy, if you will.

And I know this is pathetic, but I've just started listening to Carrie Underwood. Yeah, I know, if I was a true American Idol fanatic I would have already contributed to her massive fan base (or not, if you were more into Bo). But, I didn't get turned onto AI until last year, so I pretty much ignored her run to the top in 2005. I do like her CD, though.

Sorry, Faith Hill.

Also on my listening list for the week are:

Building 429: Rise
POD: Testify (really, really heavy; don't recommend for the weak of heart)
David Crowder* Band: Collision A (actually, this is a great album)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith!
Your listening to Carrie Underwood!
GO YOU! haha.
I love her to death!
ANyway... way cool. Ttyl

Anonymous said...

Ceili Rain is awesome. I like the song "My Position is Kneeling." This is a great song in this time of war and brawling politics.

Anonymous said...

Carrie Underwood huh?
Wow Keith,I'm so impressed!!
lol

Anonymous said...

Keith-- the one who was up front at Youth Challenge?

Interesting Keith!