Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Say "Cheese"



I don't know what it is with my kids and cameras, but they are definitely allergic to them. With all of the hoopla surrounding the JonBenet Ramsey case, they have been showing a lot of these child stars, you know the kids with the perfect smile and all that. They parade all over the stage smiling sweetly at the judges.

My kids will never have to worry about that. I say "cheese" and Trey and Kassady immediately freeze into the strangest, most unnatural positions. Trey works so hard to produce a smile that his body spasms forward while Kassady displays what can only be interpreted as a pleasant grimace. They get this from their father (which you can pick up from any of the posted pictures of myself). I need to find some of childhood pics and post them. You would immediately catch on to the family resemblance.

Thank God, they're like that. There is something creepy about those little kids swishing across the platform with perfect smiles. I'll take my normal kids any day of the week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your kids are as cute as they come! Those smiles and poses are priceless and much more real than the child stars. Shanna

Carrie said...

Ha Ha! I think those pictures are great!

Interesting tidbit: Did you know that most beauty pageant children have veneers on their teeth or a "fake teeth" mouthpiece (kind of like the retainer I got from Dr. Carr)? I learned that from Dr. Phil.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Shanna. I have fallen in love with your kiddos, and I know them only through the pictures you post occasionally.

Ellen