Saturday, July 01, 2006

Traveling

Well, I'm in Newberg, OR getting ready to go set up for this evening's concert. We're looking forward to a good time. Last night we were in Hermiston, OR at the Church of the Nazarene with a ladies trio, Indirect Light. After the concert, I was manning the table when a man came up and asked me where I was originally from. After giving my background, I told him that I had moved to Nampa from Cincinnati. He asked, "Did you by chance attend God's Bible School and College?" When I replied in the affirmative, he told me that his father was a huge fan and supporter of the school. I asked his name, hoping that maybe I had come across his name in the past. He told me his dad was Richard S. Taylor, the great Nazarene theologian. As many of you know, Dr. Taylor passed away last week. In fact, his funeral was this Monday. Paul Taylor (his son) spent some time sharing some of the great things that happened in the hours leading up to his death. He told me that his passing was as peaceful as it could have been. I then shared with Paul how much Dr. Taylor's books had ministered to me across the years. I was fortunate enough to meet Dr. Taylor in 2003 at GBS. What a great man! I also found out that he really enjoyed Liberty's music. I really enjoyed meeting Paul and his wife and look forward to spending some time with them in the future.

No comments: