Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Waggoner Waterworld

Out in the desert plains of Idaho we irrigate our lawns, this made possible by large canals that bring the water in from reservoirs. Our lawns are green only if we keep our sprinkler systems maintained and functioning. Unfortunately, I haven't done the greatest job this year of keeping everything up to snuff. Consequently, my lawn over the last week as begun to look rather sapped and arid.

Trey (along with his dad, I'll admit) has been wanting one of those 3' X 16' inflatable pools for the backyard, but we've decided the timing isn't right financially. So in lieu of this piddling natatorium, I've made up a water game. It involves adjusting the timing of our sprinkler system to accomodate an afternoon session of water sports made possible by my wild imagination. I have also hooked up the garden hose to a nozzle with several different settings and added that to the mix. Trey isn't begging for a pool these days, but the first question posed in the morning is "Dad, how long 'til we can play in the sprinkers?"

He's begged me all day to get out there, so I'm going. I bid you adieu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, can i come over and play?

Anonymous said...

um...we gotta have pictures of this!