Friday, June 30, 2006

Searching, Swimming, and Submerging

As I sat at the table this morning, nibbling at my nutricious breakfast, Ham 'n Eggs Hot Pockets, I was doing some work on the website. While I was checking my Google e-mail, I noticed that there was a link to a search engine that I had never heard of. You have to check this site out. Man, they can track down everything about a person: http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/.
It was amazing how much info they have accumulated. Actually, it's a little scary (speaking of the book 1984). Of course, I bookmarked zoominfo. You never know when it will come in handy.

Last afternoon, Trey and I went tubing/boating with a bunch of the Liberty family members. We had a blast! Trey had never been out on a boat before, much less tubing, so he really enjoyed it. Doran and I spent time with the kids in a shallow part of the lake, watching them splash and swim around. It was a relaxing evening. We stayed out 'til nearly 10pm. Trey was exhausted by the time we got home. I'm not the greatest swimmer in the world (to say the least), so when I got on the tube for the first time I told Dan to take it easy in the boat. Yeah right. About 3 minutes later, my body was skipping across the water, my arms windmilling about helplessly, nanoseconds before my open mouth was filled with lake water, while the tube bounced merrily on the wake of Dan's boat. I laughed nervously as I swam back to the boat. Dan was laughing so hard he almost wet himself. I clambered back on to the tube and had a nice ride for about a minute and a half. All of a sudden, Dan yanked the boat the right, the bottom sat down and I heard the engine roar. I faintly remember saying out loud, "Oh, great!" He took off and I don't recall much past that. I do remember seeing my feet straight up in the air (I was vertical) and then plunging head-first into the water. Dan did wet himself on that one. The next time I climbed on the tube I made sure Trey was with me so Dan would have a little mercy. Trey kept on saying, "This isn't bad at all. I'm not scared". He then said, "Dad, we've got to get one of these", while tapping on the side of the intertube. It was an enjoyable evening.

Here in about 40 minutes I'll be leaving for the bus. We're going to be spending the weekend in Oregon. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Sheesh! You know I did a search on you, and your name relating to Appalachian Youth Camp came up. I'm off to do a search on myself...

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!! I'd loved to had a camera! ha!!

Anonymous said...

wow keith, according to that people search website thingy, you got robbed, you're a real estate agent,you're with the chamber of commerece, and a lot of other things. i had no idea you were living multiple lives. the things you think you know about a person. lol

Carrie said...

Ok, this has nothing to do with this post, but how about them Reds?! Dad & Mom, Jeremy & Beth were at that game. From what I hear, it was really something!! A grand slam in the bottom of the 9th? Pretty impressive!