Friday, December 02, 2005

Let It Snow

We actually had a quite a bit of snow fall on the ground in Nampa yesterday morning. I would say that I had about 5-6 inches in my yard. From what I understand from residents who have lived here for a while, that was pretty significant for our area. It was the most we've had in about 3 years. I had a pretty full day planned at work yesterday, but Trey called me up and said, "Daddy, can you come home and play with me in the snow?" My heart melted and I said, "Buddy, I'll be there ASAP!" And I took the day off. Normally, I would be stressing out about all that needed to be done, but this was different.

Trey didn't remember the snow that we used to have in Cincinnati, so he had a ball. We had a snowball fight for nearly an hour (that's no exaggeration) and he built a snowman with Lori. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. I took pics, but forgot my camera at home, so I'll try to upload them tomorrow.

Trey's in that stage where it's cool to do everything Dad does, and I'm enjoying it. I know it's not going to last long! If I wear my knit hat, he has to put on his. If I wear gloves, he runs to find his pair. Whatever I say, he echoes it. I love it!

I have this weird habit of wearing my socks to bed every night, including the summer. If I don't I get a cold. I don't know why or how, it just happens. Well, the other night Lori went into Trey's room to check on him and he was laying in bed wide awake with sweat dripping down his face. He noticed that I had put socks on when I got in bed and he wanted to be like me. The only problem is that Trey gets warm very easily and so it was killing him. Lori said, "Trey! Get those socks off. You're burning up!" He said, "But Mom! I want to be like Dad!" Lori finally convinced him that there were other ways to be like me. It's a lot of fun!

With that, though, I'm realizing more and more the responsibility I have as a dad. I love my kids and want more than anything for them to have an awesome relationship with Christ. My prayer is that they see Jesus in me. In the way I talk, act, react, and in my interaction with other people. More than ever, I'm praying that Phillips, Craig, and Dean song with the lyrics that say, "Lord, I want to be just like You, 'cause he wants to be like me."

I think yesterday was one of the best vacation days I ever enjoyed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had some fun. We have yet to really see any accumulation. I am hoping we get some before, or at least on Christmas.