Friday, September 30, 2005

BSU Blowout


Last Wednesday the Grace Teens headed over to Boise for an evening of football. The Boise State Broncos were hosting Bowling Green State University on the famed Blue Turf. For those of you who have heard about the blue turf of BSU, let me say that the stories about birds flying over and dive-bombing the field are nothing more than urban legend. NOT!! It's absolutely true! They have had trouble with seagulls attempting to land on the turf. It's a little weird, but definitely distinctive.

I couldn't believe it, but I forgot my camera, so I don't have any personal shots of the teens at the game. The following pictures are available on the website of the Idaho Statesman (www.idahostatesman.com).

It was an evening filled with fun, noise, and lots of intense action. And I'm just talking about in the stands. The game was great, too. BSU prevailed 48-20. I love blowouts! We all screamed like fools, waved our towels wildly, and shouted what we thought were great one-liners at the opposing players. Usually the insightful diatribe uttered by the typical football fan has the humorous impact of a knock-knock joke. The evening was no exception to the rule.

I found it hilarious that the fans expressed more hostility for a local sports anchor than for any opposing player. I don't know the guy, but he walked into our area and the fans just unloaded on him. He moved on pretty quickly.

Overall, it was a great night. Our teens enjoyed it, and that's the important thing.

Go Broncos!

No comments: