Monday, March 31, 2008

Waldroup to leave Greater Vision

This is big news for the Southern Gospel world: Jason Waldroup to leave Greater Vision. Jason is planning on pursuing a seminary education this fall according to the Singing News website. Since everyone can't access the SN News, here are a few quotes. First from Jason:
This is a decision I have been struggling with for more than a year, and the time has come for me to follow what I believe to be God's will for my life. I have delayed this decision because of my love for what I've been privileged to do for the past thirteen years as a part of Greater Vision, and my relationships with Gerald and Rodney. They, along with Chad Baker, our Product Manager, are family to me, and they're my closest friends. That has made this decision that much more difficult.
And from Gerald:
Jason is like a son to me, as well as being one of the closest friends I've ever had. None of us want to see him leave, but we have encouraged him to follow God's leading, no matter what, and leave the consequences to Him.
And from Rodney:
I will certainly miss standing beside Jason every night, but he has my full support as he moves into his next phase of ministry.
From the sounds of it, Jason will stick around to help train and mentor his replacement. I'm sorry to see Jason go. He helped carry on the classic Greater Vision sound. It will be interesting to see how the search for a replacement goes. A lot of phenomenal tenors will be clamoring for that position.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ok, so you know I have to say it. I can't help it.

You should apply.

Anonymous said...

No, Keith, you should NOT apply! You just stay right where you are.
Royce's Aunt Neva