Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Trey and Emme

The other night we had Marc and Talisha over to watch the BCS championship game,which was a total bore, and chow down on hot wings and popcorn. We have high-class tastes (I'm not talking friends here, though Marc and Talisha both have very blue blood) which also include paper plates. Anyway, we're downstairs switching back and forth between the game and the Fox News New Hampshire coverage, when we hear Kassady yelling something about Trey having marker on his face. Now, my kids do a lot of crazy things and when you throw Emme (one of Trey's very best friends) and her creativity in the mix you have a perfect storm. So, immediately Talisha calls up to see what's going on and Emme replies that Trey asked her to put eyeblack on under his eyes, like the football players, you know (he's obsessed with playing football). We immediately assumed the worst. I could just see Trey with permanent black marker on his face. Marc and I burst out laughing and I yelled for Trey to come downstairs. He and Emme sheepishly walked into the living room to show us their handiwork.

There was relief written all over Lori's face (Talisha's, too) when they saw the dry-erase marker in Emme's hand. We laughed and laughed over this one. Actually, I was impressed with Emme's artistic endeavor.

4 comments:

Jon Plank said...

LOL Trey is funny.

Tamra said...

Great story! Sounds like he is his dad made over. LOL! Thanks so much for the beautiful Christmas card! We really appreciated you thinking of us. Happy New Year!

Char said...

Concerning the entire new update including pictures, postings, and comments -- well done -- I am at peace with the world and this blog site again!! Now to get to my own!

Carrie said...

Yeah, I can relate to incidents like these.