Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hurricane Flossie


Congratulations are in order for my Grandma Kirkman. They finally named a hurricane after her. You know they're running low on names when they pull out Flossie.


I remember as a kid wondering why in the world someone would name their child Flossie. The obvious word picture associated with Grandma's name wasn't one that particularly impressed me. So, as a 7 or 8-year-old I asked Grandma if she liked her name. She replied that she sure liked it better than her middle name, Marie. I still don't get it. Flossie...?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandma's name is Sparkle?! One of the grandkids forgot her name and asked her mom--what is grandma's name--is it Polish? ha! We thought about naming Janae Sparkle Gladys.Ha
Julie W

Jon Plank said...

I don't think my Granny Hazel has yet shared in this hurricane-name honor.

Kimberly said...

I played keyboards on a lady named Flossie's CD...so was also highly amused at the storm's name! Wish your group was coming South so we could hear ya'll...what I've heard has been great!