Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And the winner is...

I finally won a contest. I think this is the first time it ever happened. Well, actually, I won a "Masters of the Universe" light-up sword from a Bubbalicious gum package but my mom wouldn't let me collect it because she wasn't sure she liked the way the characters looked.

OK, so my design is a little corny. And, you have to either know Eval Knieval history or live in Idaho to get it. But, hey, a free CD is a free CD. I actually already have it. Maybe I'll come up with my own contest to "Give It Away" (sorry; couldn't resist).


***UPDATE***

Lori just reminded me that I won a lip-synch/dance contest in Cincinnati. I know this shocks many of you, but, yes, I did win a dance contest. It was at a Christian bookstore, no less. They were doing a big promotional push for Steven Curtis Chapman's new CD, so accompanied by my friends Carol Gardner and Lori Frederick (this was long before we were dating), I tried out for a contest. Let me rephrase that: Carol and Lori did not accompany me in the contest. They were there to provide moral support, which consisted mainly of leaning against bookshelves heaving with laughter. The grand prize was the SCC discography as well as all of his videos and a CD Walkman (for you young pups out there, this would be comparable to an iPod). I knew the words to nearly every song that Steven had ever recorded, so I figured I had a pretty good chance. The judges were the bookstore manager, some record company reps from Sparrow Records, and others. I believe it was the uninhibited joy of movement I displayed that won the contest. Whatever it was, I won. So, this is the second win of my illustrious career.

4 comments:

Dorcas said...

Hey Keith & Lorie,
It was sooooooo good to see the whole family at AYC this year!! I thought maybe your weren't home yet since there wasn't any posts on your blog until today! Hey, make sure you check out my blog, because of posted pictures of you guys (several weeks ago) at camp. Let me know what you think :o)))) Dennis thought you were coming East with Liberty, but I just checked your schedule and don't see anything about it. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Keith- Do you remember the disagreement we got into over the pamphlet you designed for GBS? I am still not sure why I got so worked up over that. LOL

Carrie said...

For some reason, your lip syncing/dancing win doesn't really surprise me.

I only wish I had've been there. That would've been really funny.

Carrie said...

Ok, I didn't realize that this was all one post.

Anyway, I liked the Evel Kneivel ad. I'm thinking if you have that much time on your hands you should be: #1 Blogging more often and #2 Entering Worth 1000 contests.

You know that Worth1000.com is the mecca of photoshoppers!