Thursday, August 16, 2007

Days of our lives

Today has been a good day. I took Trey over to the church this morning to learn how to ride a bike without training wheels. He's been riding a scooter all summer, so he hasn't even worried about riding his bike. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, he asked, "Why can't I ride a bike without training wheels like all the other kids my age?" Lori replied, "Because your parents are LOSERS!" OK, so we're really not that bad, but I definitely hadn't spent time with him in that area. So, we headed over to the expansive asphalt at Grace. He climbed on the bike, I pushed him to get him started, and that was all it took. After that one push, he took off. He rode his bike all morning. We worked on sharp turns and braking after awhile, just to keep him challenged. He's a pro! I couldn't believe it! I still remember my education in bike riding on Green Street in Frankfort, IN. The professor was my father, who has slightly less patience than I do. How he stayed with me through that, I'll never know. I fell countless times, ran into bushes, ended up in a small drainage ditch, and pretty much flunked my first lesson. It took hours for me to pick it up. Trey takes one push...

He must take after his Mom. He has taken a couple of nasty falls, but he pops right back up, so it's all good.

Also, I bowled 140 tonight. That's really good for me. All in all, it's been a good day. Hope yours was the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Trey!!! You're doing great and we are so proud of you.

Love,

Mommy

Anonymous said...

Hey Trey,

Way to go. Way cool, buddy.

I wish I could have been there to enjoy the moment.

Kuddos,
Ray

Valorie Quesenberry said...

Keith,
This is Valorie Quesenberry. I found your blog from a link on dorcas Bishop's. Have been wondering how you guys are doing. I enjoyed your folks at our campmeeting this summer at Beulah Grove. Would you pass this link for my blog on to Lori, and ask her to contact me? I'd love to keep in touch with her. We are in OH now.

Thanks,
Valorie