Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Vacation

We were privileged to take a short vacation to Donnelly, ID where we spent a fun-filled weekend with Marc, Talisha, and the kids at their cabin. I didn't realize how stressed out I was until I got up there. It was so peaceful, I could almost feel the tension draining away. We had a fun time swimming, riding 4-wheelers, and just taking it easy. Here are a few pics from the lake:

My first baptism involved dunking Trey and Emme. Not really, they were just practicing their swimming moves in the lake.

I'm not laughing in this picture. I am screaming from the shock of the incredibly frigid water. Freshly melted snow is what you see pictured here.

Kassady ventured into water up to her ankles and wisely meandered back to the joys of the beach (mud).
We always ask the kids to recount their favorite vacation activities. Kassady didn't hesitate in answering: "I 'ike the 4'eeler". And, yes, those legs are quite white. Blazing white, if you will. I choose to blame it on the freezing inland water.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I did notice the cold water must have frozen the bottom half of your pants off. That must have been tragic. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sure looks like fun to me! On our trip to Moscow we passed so much beautiful water - the Salmon RIver and the Payette River the beautiful lake at McCall - it made me want to swim. I'm glad you all had a chance to get away. It's good for you - I know what you mean about stress.
Shanna

Keith said...

Yeah, those pant-bottoms are somewhere in the murky depths of the lake.