Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bronco Fever


I told you we were going to go to the Boise State game last week, but forgot to report on the details. It was a memorable experience. It takes approximately 40 minutes to get to the Broncos stadium from our house, so Marc and Talisha swung by our place at about 5:00 so we would have plenty of time to get our seats before the 7:04 kickoff. I buy the cheap seats, which means that we sit in the south end zone and the seats are first come, first serve. They're actually great seats with a good view of the action. When the teams are on the north end of the field we can follow the action on the Jumbotron.

So, anyway, we leave early for the game and get all of the way to the exit for the stadium and Marc looks over at me and kind of laughingly asks, "You have your tickets, right?" A look akin to terror crossed my face as I did a quick patdown of my pockets (which made no sense; I knew I hadn't picked them up). Lori gasped in the backseat and conducted a futile search of her purse (which could contain eggnog from last year's Christmas party that would never be detected).

We dropped off Marc and Talisha so they could save our seats and began an eventful trip back to Nampa. If you could cut out that picture above and put me in front of a steering wheel you would have captured my facial expression as I raced home. Of course, a semi collided with a pick-up truck that blocked traffic, and then, of course, when I took the back road to escape the congestion a bridge was out and I had to take a detour that tracked all over the backside of Canyon County. I saw places that I never want to see again. Of course, I don't know if I would recognize them since everything was pretty much a blur.

We had to park about 12 blocks away from the stadium and hike in. By the time we got there the Broncos were up 7-0 and they pretty much rolled the rest of the way. Final score: 45-0.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I couldn't care less about football - sorry all you fans out there. Grown men chasing a ball up and down a field and jumping on top of each other while wearing silly looking uniforms just doesn't interest me. (my editorial for today: so what if Johnny can't add 2+2 or read and diagram a sentence or tell you who Hitler was; but he sure can play football.) What I do want to comment on is your totally uncalled for comment about what is inside your wifes' purse! My husband won't even touch my purse. He makes me get what he wants out of it because "it is a scary place!" I will just never understand a man's fear of a women's purse. :-) Shanna
p.s. all said in a fun spirit.

Anonymous said...

ah crikey!! i'm scared!!! i'm down on my knees praying to God that i may never see a crazy face expression like that again!!! lol anycrap, i must say that i quite enjoyed that story. it fascinated me. also, i have to say i thought the comment about the eggnog was hysterical!!!!(no offense inteneded lori) maybe next time when you make a comment about lori's purse, try another random food, such as cottage cheese or zuccini.

Anonymous said...

That's the kind of driving enthusiasm I would exhibit if I were to forget tickets to, say, a Liberty concert or some such thing.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Abby!!!!