Wednesday, September 06, 2006

600

Here we are: my 600th post. There's nothing too special about this, necessarily, but I just noticed it and thought I would take a moment to celebrate (especially since I missed keithinside's 1st anniversary).

A lot has taken place in the last 599 posts:
  1. A job transition, from youth pastor at Grace Bible Church to tenor for Liberty Quartet
  2. The resignation of Ray McCrary (one of my best friends, not to mention cousin) as pastor of Grace Bible Church
  3. Enrolling one of my kids in school, Trey in kindergarten
  4. My 7th wedding anniversary to my soulmate, Lori (I'm not quite sure what a soulmate is, but I'm sure we qualify)
  5. An attempt at teaching high school (bad career move)
  6. Kassady's 2nd birthday, help me Jesus
  7. Learning to drive a bus (which should send all of you to your knees praying without ceasing)
  8. My first fishing trip; nothing to report here
  9. Eating broccoli on a semi-consistent basis
  10. Launching Media-Spring with my good friend Jon Plank (sign up now at www.media-spring.com)

At a momentous occasion such as this, there are many thank-yous to hand out:

  1. Mom and Dad, for giving me my start (quite literally)
  2. My wife Lori, for contributing to so many stories and for helping my hand-to-eye coordination as I have tried to quickly snap her picture before she ducked behind a plate, blanket, or hairdryer
  3. My children, for providing me with many Kodak moments and strange, but true, stories
  4. Lenea McCrary, for never reading my blog so I can make up all kinds of stories about her
  5. Ray, for joining me in perhaps the strangest photo I have posed for on the blog: http://photos1.blogger.com/img/156/7450/640/teach.jpg
  6. Royce, for unintentionally posing for some extremely humorous shots
  7. My English teacher, for, I don't know, something
  8. GBS, for great memories and Assurance
  9. FCA. for providing many of my readers
  10. Allegiance, for "Great Day", "Beyond the Clouds", and the steel guitar
  11. Phil Cross, for mimicking my trademark look
  12. Dave Barry, for inspiration (obviously, not enough)
  13. Roget's Thesaurus, for many of my adjectives
  14. Carlton Farmer, for any number of conversations
  15. Hoosiers, for adopting a nickname that no one understands, including the natives
  16. My loyal comment brigade, for representing the legions of readers with your opinions (except for the posts about me being ugly, dense, or sedentary)
  17. K-la, 'nuff said
  18. Southern Gospel music, for some decent CDs over the last year or so
  19. Seattle, for being the most featured city on keithinside (I think I'll notify the mayor's office concerning this noble award)
  20. Pretty much everybody else, for just doing your thing

***If you have been offended by any posts, saddened by any pictures, nauseated by Royce's knees, or anything else on keithinside, please contact our customer service director at billgates@microsoft.com. He will do what he can to make everything right.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

booyah!!! number 17!!! you can't get any cooler than that!!! i would also like to take this time and thank you keith for having this blog so i can make my random, sarcastic comments.

Anonymous said...

hey Keith,Just wanted you to know how entertaining your blog has been! I just discovered it a week or so ago!!! you are hilarious.
have a wonderful day!!!
julie waggoner

Anonymous said...

Your dad & I love your blog. It's so nice to know what's going on in all your lives, even tho' you're far away. We've had some laughs as well as some tears as you've shared some of your memories. Of course, we love seeing pictures of you all, too. Love you.