Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fishing the Kenai

You asked for pictures, you got 'em:

Royce puts on his salmon face as he prepares to fish


Dan grins close to one of the many rainbow trout he reeled in


Doran was the only one to catch the monster trout. Doran is pretty sure that he snagged Arthur, the Kenai River trout whose size has reached mythical proportions. By the way, he's sitting here in the sound booth at church (we're at VBS; no sarcastic comments, please) making sure that I'm quoting him correctly.


Royce doesn't worry about using bait on his hook. He figures if he flails his line around enough he'll be able to snag one in the eye. His method worked. (Please refrain from calling PETA).


Royce holds up his one-eyed beaut. Now, we were just doing catch and release fishing. It's illegal to keep them in the area we were fishing. So, there's a half-blind trout flopping around the Kenai these days. Incidentally, you will notice that I am the only one who isn't pictured with a fish. During the first hour of fishing I caught 5 fish, 3 tiny, 1 small, 1 medium. I should have got my pic taken with the mid-sized trout, but I was feeling pretty cocky and made the comment that I was going to wait until I caught Arthur. I caught exactly 3 more fish the rest of the day, all of them miniscule at best.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To quote Keith's blog, "We were able to see Mt. McKinley clear as could be. It was jaw-dropping awesome."

And all the pictures you could show us are FISH?!...and Royce.

♫ Thanks, Shanna =)

Keith said...

Trust me there are more coming.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Keith for the pictures and thanks for being the type of person who can take some kidding! Just FYI, it was my daughter who came up with the line about fish and Royce. :-) She wanted to see Mt. McKinley. Shanna

Anonymous said...

who cares about pix of mr. mckinley and fish, i enjoyed the ones of royce!!! ha ha! (not really.)

Anonymous said...

oops, i wrote mr. mckinley instead of mt. mckinley!!! funny!!!