Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Canada bound

Well, it looks like I'll be playing catch-up again. I'm running around like crazy today trying to get everything ready for our trip to the Great Canadian Gospel Music Celebration (http://www.gospelmusic.ca/). I think I have the border paperwork for our product figured out. I hope so, anyway. If not, we'll be waiting quite a while to get across. I'm looking forward to singing with and listening to some of my favorite groups like The Perrys, the Booth Brothers, and Legacy Five. Another group that is heading up to Canada, Gold City, is going to be in concert here in Nampa tonight. Lori and I are planning on going over there this evening. I'm curious as to how they will sound with their new bass, Aaron McCune. The guy has an awesome voice, no doubt about it.

Trey started soccer camp this week. He's participating in the Upwards sports program at a Nazarene church here in Nampa. He loved his first night! He was awarded a star for being one of the top offensive players. He made his dad proud! I got all misty-eyed sitting on the sidelines watching him. I can't believe he's old enough to be doing this kind of stuff. He's the only 4 year-old out there, but he holds his own. In fact, most of the kids are in 1st grade and above. He doesn't seem to be intimidated.

I'll be gone for about a week to Canada, so I'm hoping for a hotel with broadband so I can keep you guys updated on what's going on.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Trey must have gotten some his daddy's athletic ability (or is it mommy's?) Brennan's first soccer game (at 4) was hilarious, needless to say. No misty eyes there, that's for sure (and no stars for good offense!) Fortunately, he's come a long way since then!

Anonymous said...

i think trey's athletic abilities probably came from lori!! oh, i mean, um.....sorry keith!