Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I crave sleep

Anytime I know I have to be up early, insomnia sets in. What's up with that?!! If we have an early leave time for a weekend or something like that I lay in bed wide awake, all sorts of creative ideas and a to-do list running through my head. Last night was no different. This morning my "other" group (from Grace with Philip, Matt, and Julia)are singing at a Mission Aviation Fellowship chapel. I have to be there at 7:30. To make sure my voice is awake, I planned on waking up at 5:30 AM. I didn't get to sleep until after 12:30. Talk about frustrating! But the more I would think about getting up early, the more wide awake I would be. So, I finally got up and got some work done and collapsed from sheer exhaustion.

This concert ought to be real exciting. Who knows what I'm going to end up saying or doing.

By the way, there have been nearly 71,000,000 Google searches recently for the phrase "can't sleep". Something I learned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do that exact same thing. If I have to be up extra early for something important, I of course set the alarm. But alas, it is never needed, because I stay awake waiting for it to go off and always fearful that it won't go off, and I'll be late. Is that just weird, or what??
Royce's Aunt Neva

Anonymous said...

Agreed, agreed, agreed. It was my night last night too. I have changed from singing myself back to sleep with "I'm His" to "Amazed". What would I do without the wonderful, talented Liberty? We had the greatest time Saturday night! Thanks. Shelby

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. My worst time is election night eve when I'm working the polls and it's my responsibility to unlock the doors and be sure they open on time. I generally end up sleeping 3 hours and I'm up 2 hours early!

Anonymous said...

I slept like a Baby