Thursday, October 09, 2008

Soccer Dad

Trey and Kassady are playing soccer again this fall. Trey has been begging to play football, but due to the fact that he's actually really good at soccer and had the chance to stay with the same teammates for a third season, I kind of manipulated him into deciding to stick with soccer one more year. He thinks it was his decision. Yeah, I know...awful parent. Get over it! He did tell me last week that he's enjoying soccer but he's definitely playing football next fall. So, there we go. He's the horse on his team. A scoring machine. They lost the first game of the season, but have pretty much dominated since then. Kassady is having fun in her league, though I've noticed her enjoyment comes in knocking boys to the ground. She's my little bundle of dynamite. DO NOT CROSS HER!!! That aggressive personality that never surfaced on the playing field last year has emerged in full force. Actually, she's just one of the boys. They love her. I'm blessed...2 great kids who enjoy sports!

Also, our stunning Canon digital camera is currently being repaired...for the second time. Hence, the lack of pictures. I thought about drawing something, but decided against it. I'm only good at profiles...Picasso-style.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I have to laugh. Jared also "decided" to play soccer again this fall. It's just hard for us to switch sports when he's so good at the one he's doing.

He begged ("please" in about 5 syllables)to play football, but I think he's too small. Then he brings up Marvin Harrison. Ah! It's too late--sign-ups are over. I guess it will have to be soccer. ;)

He told me on the way home from school today that he's ready to try other sports now that our soccer season is over (yes, just today). He's not sure if he wants to do basketball this winter, but he would like to do golf in the spring. Oh well. Maybe Dad needs a partner.