Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Nose hairs and blogging

During the last few days/weeks, thinking about blogging has been as painful as pulling out nose hairs. How's that for a hook? No, seriously. I have found myself increasingly consumed with good things to do. I probably should look at evaluating what things are good and what things are best (so advises Will Mancini in one of my favorite books Church Unique. You can waste some serious time in doing good things, while not giving the best things the time and energy they deserve. So, I've been trying to figure out if blogging is one of those best things. I've come to the conclusion that it's worthwhile, if for nothing else than giving me space to vent, praise, feature, and link my various passions and happenings. So, perhaps I'm a little self-indulgent, but so be it. Isn't that the point of a personal blog, anyway? It also keeps me writing creatively...well, most of the time anyway.

So, I've decided to quit pulling out the nose hairs by hand and switch over to one of those little trimmers that have become an increasingly important part of my daily routine. Which, when plugged into my shabby little analogy, means I'll be blogging on.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you decided was good for you is even better for me. I have missed those frequent blogs. Shelby

Carrie said...

You scared me for a moment. Not that I have a problem with re-evaluating priorities, but your blog is the only way your friends and foes in the Mid-West can keep up with your family! :(

I'm glad you decided to stay, even if you do only post one time a month (or two).

Joel Byer said...

Not many of we bloggers have the courage to talk about our nose hairs. Thanks for being brave enough to share.