Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Amazed


This has been a whirlwind of a year for Liberty. This sounds crazy...it is crazy...but we are getting ready for the release of our eighth album in 2008. "Amazed" features brand new songs written for Liberty by Rodney Griffin, Phil Cross, Rebecca Peck, Twila LaBar, Doran Ritchey, and others. Dan and I were laughing last week about the fact that this isn't the traditional Southern Gospel album that most people expect from Liberty. Not that it's a bad thing. This has a new, fresh sound (for us, anyway) featuring a variety of styles. I'm looking forward to singing these songs in concert. My early favorites are Into the Water, Why Wouldn't I, and That's What Love Does. "Amazed" will be available Saturday at Family Fest.08.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Clips for us to listen to...?

Let me know when you're shipping a big box of them this way. I'd like a copy, too!

Ellen said...

You know me; I buy 'em up as fast as you can crank 'em out! And since I won't be at FamilyFest, but some local friends/relatives/nearly-neighbors of mine will be, they are getting a copy of "Amazed" for me Saturday night. I am sure you know who I mean... :-)