Monday, August 04, 2008

Liberty Stuff

Lately I've been consumed with all things Liberty:

This week Royce's second solo recording "Truckin' On" will be delivered. I think it's supposed to be in on Wednesday; just in time for leave time on Thursday morning. We've already been singing a couple of the songs featured on the CD. I'm really happy with this album.

Then, last week I sent off the artwork and proofs for our new DVDs, Hymnsing 1 & 2. These are, by far, the best live videos that we have recorded. I enjoyed doing the graphic design. We're hoping to have the DVDs back in the next 3 weeks or so.


We got the rough mix back for our new CD, Amazed, which is slated for release on September 27. Roger Talley, Phil Cross, and Doran combined their producing skills on this project. The final result is awesome! It has yet to be mastered, but I'm already impressed with what I'm hearing. It's hard to label this recording stylistically. It has a Southern Gospel feel for sure, but we've also incorporated elements from other genres. It's a unique sound for Liberty.

I'm taking a break today. I just got in from a Washington weekend and I'm still a little groggy.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Remind us again when it gets released, so that I can order a copy.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to all of these!

Ellen said...

I'd be eternally grateful if you would post some mp3 clips from those new albums! It might even boost sales/pre-orders... :-)