Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tales from the Trip

What a fun concert last night! It was great to do a concert in the northwest. We were at Village Park Baptist last evening and sang to a packed-out, energetic crowd. We loved it! For the first few concerts with Liberty, Paul Ellis (the former tenor) and I were both there. My first concert to carry the tenor part all by my lonesome was at Village Park a little over 2 years ago. It's amazing how many friends I've been privileged to make in the last 2 years. We probably had around 450 people there last night and I recognized a large percentage.

Our good friend Pauline made one of her delicious peanut butter pies. Wow! It's the best peanut butter pie I've ever tasted. We've bugged her for 2 years to make us one and she came through. It was good to see some of Royce's fam (his brother and sister), blog lurkers Ellen, Mim, Orrin, and the rest of you guys. Just a great night.

We are in the middle of a 650 mile trip from Beaverton, OR to Modesto, CA. We're going to be singing tonight with Herb Henry Family and the Johnson Family Quartet. That's going to be fun.

Just for the record, I forgot how beautiful Oregon and northern California are. Mt. Shasta is gorgeous today. Well, so is Lake Shasta and this whole area.

Well, it looks like MickeyD's is in my immediate future. So long.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Someone last night told me that official count was 497!

Yay for PB pie!

Just lurking...

Aaron said...

I wish I would have known you were going to be near Portland, Missy and I would have definitely come and heard you guys. I'll try to keep an eye out for the next time you're around.

Amy said...

My mom and I go to your concert in Ripon every year and were so excited to see you again in Modesto! We brought some friends who had never heard you before - you now officially have 2 more fans who can't wait for you to come back to our area - Thanks for the great concert!