Thursday, February 21, 2008

All Shook Up


Well, things have been shaking out here in the west. Literally. This morning about 7:16 AM an earthquake shook things up near Wells, NV about 265 miles from us. It measured about 6.0 on the Richter scale. I hear that some of my friends in the Twin Falls area (about 110 miles from us) had stuff falling off the walls and such. At 7:16 AM I was still laying on my Tempur-pedic mattress and didn't feel a thing. Those Tempur-pedic commercials must be factual.

2 comments:

SheilaDy said...

Duane and I were sleeping as well! Ashley said it woke her up!
In '83, when the earthquake shook Idaho, I was on a swing, already going back and forth, and didn't feel it then either!
Sheila

Shanna Locker said...

Totally new experience for me! I'd never felt an earthquake before, but I sure did feel this one! It freaked out my poor dog. Our pastor's family had pictures fall off the walls and books fall out of bookcases. I can't see anything out of place at our house. My mom and dad in Rupert felt it also.
Quite an experience!
~Shanna~