Thursday, February 21, 2008

AI

I am not a huge fan of TV shows. I enjoy ESPN and Fox News and that's about it. Ever since "Everybody Loves Raymond" went off the air, there's not much good available. I just don't spend a lot of time channel surfing trying to navigate through the junk that's on TV. However, there is one show that I will watch somewhat faithfully and it kicks off this time of year: American Idol. I admit it, I actually enjoy the competition (if you can call it that). I pick my favorites early-on and tune in to see how they do. I cheered on Melinda Doolittle last year (and by the way she was, hands-down, the best in the competition) and Taylor Hicks the year before that. This is my third year to watch the show. I didn't have a chance to watch the 12 women last night, but I did get a chance to catch the 12 guys on Tuesday. There are some great voices. So far, I'm really liking David Archuleta. He's hilarious in addition to having a voice much bigger than his 17 years.

There is a weird trend among some of the top 12 guys, though. A few of them are projecting a strange gay vibe in their interviews, attire, and performance. Not cool. I haven't noticed this in the last few years. Bring back Daughtry.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

My picks this are Jason Castro and Syesha Mercado, although I'll have to say I'm also obligated to vote for Amanda Overmyer from Mulberry. I mean, who would've thunk it? Someone from MULBERRY?

Carrie said...

Hey wait! You gotta love Criminal Minds! I'm absolutely SICK of watching ELR reruns (and of course, Robert HAD to have all 9 seasons!)

Keith said...

I watched the premiere of Criminal Minds and never watched it again. It seems to fit the formulaic mold of CSI, Law & Order (all 73 versions), and all the other cop shows. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

I'm with Robert. I never tire of ELR reruns. I have all but the last season.

What's with the IN talent on Idol? Yeah, Mulberry. Go figure.