Sunday, May 13, 2007

Colorado Connections

We have been having a great time in beautiful Colorado! This morning I showed up for our concert at Trinity Church of the Nazarene in Colorado Springs, CO and was shocked to find out that my cousin Greg Waggoner and his family attends there. At first, I didn't recognize Greg and was in the middle of introducing myself when it clicked. He just grinned the Waggoner grin. We all have it. Anyway, I was able to spend some time visiting with Greg and Luke (his son). I saw Josiah (another son) from a distance, but unfortunately wasn't able to talk to him or Kathleen (Greg's wife).

Then, Aaron and Cherylyn up this morning, too. Last night, they brought some of their friends with them to the concert: Jeff and Tonya Duddek and their children. Come to find out, Lori went to school with Jeff's sister, Faye, and knows their family extremely well. I also found out that Jeff used to attend Appalachian Youth Camp and knows my family pretty well. It's a small world. They are a phenomenal couple! God is using them and Aaron and Cherylyn to do great things for God.

We had a fantastic service this morning. Here are a few more pictures:


Getting ready for some food...Dan is mulling over his options

Doran, Aaron, Cherylyn, Alyssa, and Kinlee Horn, yours truly, Jeff, Tonya, Jeffrey, and Emilee Duddek


Aaron and Cherylyn Horn, former youth staff members at Grace Bible Church

Royce and Jeffrey hit it off immediately

Royce ate at the end of the table with the kids. For some reason, they get along just fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith, Do you happen to know if Aaron Horn has roots that go back to Louisiana? The Mitchells have connections to Horns who were in Winn Parish, LA starting ca. 1855 up to the present day.
Just call me the family historian,
Neva

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know them!!!
Keith, I spent Mother's Day with Lori, and you spent it with Aaron and Cher. Nice Swap!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Sheila

Cher said...

I do not know of any roots in LA. My roots come from OK. Who knows though
there are a lot of Horns.

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe he was preparing for the day when he has grandchildren.