Wednesday, October 04, 2006

John W. Peterson


John W. Peterson passed away at the age of 84. While many of you might be saying, John who?, Peterson profoundly impacted Gospel music during his lifetime. Look through the hymnal and see how many songs were either written by Peterson or published with his company "John W. Peterson Music". He was a great man and his songs will continue his legacy. You can read his obit at: http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/business/index.ssf?/base/news-38/1159546145256700.xml&storylist=mibusiness

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sang some of his music in the 70's in the God's Bible School A'Capella Choir. He was a great writer!

Anonymous said...

His songs were some of my all-time favorites! Just a few of my favorites are "There Is No Grerater Love", I Believe In Miracles", "Heaven Came Down And Glory Filled My Soul", "In The Image Of God", and "God Is Love". He also wrote some beautiful cantatas. What a wonderful legacy in song he leaves behind. I'm sure we'll be singing some of his songs in Heaven...along with Bill Gaither's of course! :-) Shanna

Anonymous said...

I know "greater" is spelled wrong in the above post. Sorry! :-) Shanna

Anonymous said...

Jesus is Wallking With Me is my favorite John Peterson song.