Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Living Water and Loren Harris

I sit in my chair tonight sipping on a concoction dreamed up by the wonderful folks at Living Water (a new Christian bookstore/coffee shop that just opened up in Nampa). It's a mixture of green tea, milk, ice, and some sour apple extract. Whoo, this is one good smoothie. The bookstore just opened yesterday, so I decided to check it out this evening. I highly recommend it to anyone who lives in the area. Living Water is located at the corner of Roosevelt and Midland in the new shopping plaza. Their prices are a little higher than Family Christian Stores, but the ambience is priceless. I can see that I'll be spending some time hanging out at the coffee shop. They offer a little bit of everything in addition to the live bands that they feature on Tuesday and Friday evenings. Very nice.

I am also bemoaning the fact that Loren Harris has left the Perrys. Loren was the most underrated lead singer in SG music and his presence will be missed. During his 6 years, the Perrys produced some of the greatest music in the SG genre. While I was listening to them sing at the Canadian Fan Festival I leaned over to Doran and remarked that this could be a legendary group if they would stay together for a while. So much for that. I see that Shane Dunlap, original lead singer for Signature Sound, will be filling in with them for a while. We'll see what happens.

By the way, still no flu (thank God!). I'm hoping the green tea in this smoothie will contribute to my good health.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Good for you, Keith. Way to sneak around the flu. I'm sure it was the green tea.

Anonymous said...

i love green tea. it's pretty much my favorite. plus, the japanese drink a lot of it and they have amazing kung fu skills. i can only hope that by drinking tons of green tea i can have just as sweet moves.

Keith said...

I am king of all sweet moves.

Anonymous said...

I wait an entire week for that store to open....passing by every day with a longing look....guess I'll have to come back to check it out...can't believe they did that!!Is it really that good...maybe you could blog some pictures for me so I can enjoy it too!
Char