Saturday, May 06, 2006

Living the good life

It's been a great weekend, so far. We finally made it to Eureka, NV on Friday. If you recall from a previous post, Royce mistakenly tried to take us there a couple of weeks ago. The people received us very graciously, especially considering that we were exhausted from the last 2 weeks. Royce is a very proficient emcee, but on Friday night he got into the middle of a story and totally forgot the punchline. He turned around to me and muttered, "What's the punchline?" I had never heard the joke before so I told him I had no clue. Doran finally came up with something from the keyboard while Dan and I laughed (a very encouraging, bolstering chuckle, of course). I was so tired I could hardly think straight. God truly helped us, though, reminding me that it's not my strength that matters in the big picture.

Tonight we were in Twin Falls, ID at the Magic Valley Gospel Opry. Fortunately, I got quite a bit of sleep (and a nap this afternoon) so I was able to function at a normal level. It was enjoyable to touch base with several people who have supported the quartet for several years.

So, now, I sit in my room at the Shiloh Inn waiting on a meal* from Pizza Hut. Life is good.

*large, stuffed crust pizza (half pepperoni, half Italian sausage, mushrooms, and olives) with the sampler special (hot wings, breadsticks, and cinnasticks)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got a call from Shanna this evening post-concert. Enjoyed the account of "Doran Unplugged"... Enjoy the pizza.

EG

Anonymous said...

hmm.....i don't really have anything to say......enjoy the pizza!!!! three cheers for pizza!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry we couldn't make is KC hasn't been acting himself so I didn't want to take any chances...
Also mom's sister, my Aunt Teresa is getting worse as the hours pass by... my Mom has been going over to their house almost every night this week. So yea... crazy stuff!
I hope you had a great time!!!

-Brooke-

Anonymous said...

ohhhh, i hope your aunt gets better brooke!!!!! i'll pray for her!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the cinnasticks.

Anonymous said...

Thnx K-la!

-Brooke-