Friday, May 26, 2006

Liberty in the Studio


We are one studio session away from having all of the vocals done for our upcoming CD "Old Time Gospel Songs,Vol.1". I am excited about this new project. I've been a huge Southern Gospel fan for as long as I can remember, but I hadn't heard some of these old songs we're featuring. This has been a lot of fun and I know you'll be able to tell on the recording. Our studio musicians did an outstanding job of providing fresh arrangements for this album. Pictured above is Liberty with Scott Pergande (center), our engineer. The guy has a fantastic ear (along with an extremely dry sense of humor). He kept things loose in the studio.

As promised, I will be giving away a free CD to one of you loyal blog readers (I mean, really, if you are consistently reading this you definitely are worthy of a reward). I need to come up with some contest to determine how the CD should be awarded. I'd like to do something half-way creative. Any ideas?

14 comments:

Joel Byer said...

Obviously with millions of people reading your blog, you might want to narrow the CD contest down a bit. How about, say...only Canadians can enter the contest? Maybe a hockey quiz or something.
Seriously, I enjoy reading your blog! I check it often, and have yet to hear your group, but I'm sure it's a pretty great sound.

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith I have an idea. Do some kind of Liberty trivia. The 1st person to name all 10 members and their wives, or who in the group had/has false teeth, (oh, I'm in trouble for that one!) I'm painting the dining room and maybe the paint fumes are getting to me. Enjoy the weekend off, Shanna

Anonymous said...

how 'bout whoever's name is k-la and goes to your church gets the free cd. oh, hey....that's me. what a coincedence! you might as well not look any further for the winner since it's sooo obvious who has already won.

Anonymous said...

How about only those who share your birthday?

Travis Johnson 5-18-73

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith how about your sister-in-law who thinks you are the greatest brother-in-law ever! That would be me...Becca.

Anonymous said...

How about a 1500-word essay on what liberty means to you. Not the quartet, the ideal.

Anonymous said...

keith, just to let you know, what i'm about to say has nothing to do with anything on your blog, but you should watch it anyhow! ok, go to squirrelhelp.net and click on the link there. you will see the most amazing movie you have ever seen! my best friend and i made it at school!!! oh, and since it's so amazing, i should win the cd for all my ultra hard work!! yay!

Anonymous said...

oh poop!!! i lied! it doesn't even work! that's just great! real mature!

Carrie said...

I think it should be someone who has seen pictures of your potty-training days.

Carrie said...

Digression (excuse me for a moment): Travis, I actually did think of you and Keith on your birthdays and wondered where you were going to go out to eat.

Keith said...

I ate at Applebees. Travis, sadly, couldn't make it.

Carrie said...

I'm very sorry that Applebees was the best you could do.

Anonymous said...

K-la - great movie!!!! You are good. I see all the talent in your family has hit YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey! thanx whoever wrote that. i mean, what can i say? i work out!lol