Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's Official: I am no longer a 20-something

The big 3-0. Thirty. I'm here. It's great to be here. I thought that by 2006 we would have our own personal rocketships, cruising around the galaxy. Nope, instead I'm on a grey bus somewhere in Nebraska. But, hey, life is good.

I'm 30, bald, and enjoying life. I wondered if it would be kind of depressing turning 30. It's not really that bad. You know, maybe I'm graduating to a new plateau of maturity. I'm feeling a strong urge to put on a black tie. I don't know...

We were in a Freemont, NE tonight. We got on the bus last night around 7:30 and drove straight through. That was a long trip! Fortunately, I'm getting used to sleeping on the bus. I even drove about 6 hours on this trip.

Lori surprised me by sending a balloon bouquet to the church. The pastor brought it up to me in the middle of the concert. Many middle-aged women wished me well back at the product table.

I have been fighting an awful cold. I hate these pre-summer colds! It started out as an extremely sore throat Monday morning and has expanded into a head cold. I was very concerned about this evening's concert, but many people were praying for me and God came through. Keep me in your prayers this weekend.

Tonight, 3 people gave their hearts to Christ. You can't beat ministry!

I'll have to write later about the Brian Free and Assurance concert at Grace. Man, those guys are great!

I'll touch base later on. 30 and holding, for now.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday! I'm a few years away from 30, but it's fastly approaching. I hope I'm not bald by then. You wear it well, I don't think I would.

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am right behind you! I will hit the big 30 in September.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize the people that comment on this blog were so old. It's kind of creepy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Keith! It only gets better from here. Hang on for the ride!
P.S. Hope you're feeling better, too!

Anonymous said...

Man Keith you getting OLD! haha j/k
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I remember last year when we had a little party for you and we got you a "Vote for Pedro" shirt and the movie haha Oh the good ole youth group days.
I hope you start feeling better.

-Brooke-

Anonymous said...

well...happy birthday keith. i never really realized how stinkin' old you are!!! i would sing a happy birthday song to you...if only i could sing!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Keith. I am hitting the big 3-0 in April.